[View] [Edit] [Lock] [References] [Attachments] [History] [Home] [Changes] [Search] [Help]
[Cva8] Publishing to Google Play store
As a prerequisite you must access https://play.google.com/apps/publish with your user account credentials.
Publishing an APK for a new app
- On the left bar navigation go to "All Applications"
- On the top left click on "+ Add new application"
- Select the default language ans english and choose a name for your app (the name will be the public name so choose carefully)
- Now you can upload the APK first or fill in the store listing (with all the app details). If you decide to start with the apk and there's no listing the apk will be put on hold for you until you provide the app details and you're ready to publish
- You can choose to upload an alpha APK, a beta or a production level APK. If you will be sending the APK to some users for testing before publishing the app to the general public then choose alpha or beta upload
- Make sure your APK is signed in release mode and is not a debug signed APK. For more info on how to create a release APK from Cordoba see this page. Disregard any message about getting a license or using licensing because this is only necessary if you want to create measures to prevent unauthorized distribution of your app or you need to verify in-app billing purchases.
Filling in the store listing
Publishing an APK for an existing app on the console