[View] [Edit] [Lock] [References] [Attachments] [History] [Home] [Changes] [Search] [Help]
[coco8] CRASH - reading files
Out application crash after reading file contents in a loop.
How to reproduce crash
- Download coco8 application from this link
- Decompress the zip file in a folder
- Load coco8 project in Xcode 8
- Run the application in the device
- If welcome page is shown (first run screen), tap on the link "Show applications icons" (under title Settings in the welcome page)
- Install a "Sample.txt" file in the application's documents folder
- Try the test with Sample.txt file stored in Documents folder of the application, with a file of 3Mb (you can use an image file to test - e.g. default.snapshot.js file in the project)
- Tap in the "Smalltalk run" icon to see the global test set
- Tap in the test titled "runReading"
- it will show in console steps on reading of Sample.txt file, after a few readings will crash
- Changing the size of the Sample.txt file produce crashes in different parts of the stack
- The test can be run evaluating each step deferred (tap on test titled "runReadingDeferred") and in this case it works better, but crash in one run and goes to end in another run.
- The crash is related with the success of garbage collect.